Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Bill Cosby




Remember that old Bill Cosby skit about Noah and God? God tells Noah to build a big boat because its going to rain so much the earth will be flooded. Noah says 'you've got to be kidding' and God says 'Noah, how long can you tread water'?!


It started raining yesterday morning around 4am with lightening and thunder. Good heavy rainfall. When I finally decided to venture out at 11am, it was still raining. After weeks and weeks of searching for rain boots, I finally found one store that was selling them (albeit very crowded at the moment) and got my pair for the upcoming aqua alta (literally tall water; i.e. floods) season. Aren't they cool?


Since I had my boots I decided it was a good idea to give them a test run. And, of course, the rain stopped just as I was about to go out and play in the puddles. The rain stopped for a few hours but started again this morning at 5am with lightening and thunder. The forecast says it is going to rain all day again. I hope my boots are enough and I dont have to build a boat!


I did snap a few pics yesterday as the city was busy putting up the walkways for aqua alta. There are certain parts of the city (esp St. Marks Square) that flood and at times up to your knee, so they create these walkways for people to travel by. Other parts of the city get flooded less and the walkways are not so tall.


Although it rained a great deal, it wasnt enough for a true aqua alta yesterday, so you wont see much standing water in the pics but the level of the walkways will give you an idea of what to expect. I am sure I will get some pics to you when the true event starts. Hopefully my boots are tall enough to get me to the walkway!

No comments: