Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Rain Rain Go Away.....

Ok...for many of you this may not be a big deal, but as I sit here writing this morning, I realize how ill prepared I am for the change in seasons.

Its seems that summer is just about over here in Europe and I suppose that is normal. Coming from Arizona (Phoenix), this doesnt happen until the end of October, so needless to say, I am a bit surprised by it all. The high temps are now in the low 70's and the lows are now in the upper 50's. Last night around 2am, the rain started...lightening, thunder, constant rain.....when I woke up at 7am, it was still thundering and raining. Now it is 930am and it is still raining!

I dont think I have ever experienced this. Back in Wisconsin, I remember days of snow which usually stopped life in its tracks for a few hours. But rain doesnt have the same effect...people still need to get out and do whatever it is that they do. Which brings me to my point....I am not prepared to get out and do what I need to do.....

I dont have a 'in between' coat to get me through fall and I am not sure my 'winter' coat is going to be enough for winter. My inventory of waterproof and/or winter shoes is sorely small. I never got those water boots I need for aqua alta here (as you cant buy water boots in the desert!).

Of course, my first question is 'what was I thinking?' and then my second question is 'what wasnt I thinking?'......and I guess the answer to both is that it doesnt matter. I am just going to have to break down and make a few purchases to help me along the way......I have a feeling I am in for quite a ride as I experience fall and winter for the first time in 16 years!

No comments: