Saturday, October 27, 2007

Daylight Savings Time

Well here is something I havent experienced in about 16 years.....Daylight Savings Time. Tonight at midnight, Europe participates in the tradition of 'falling back' one hour for the Fall. Turns out the US doesnt participate until next weekend.

So, for one week, I am 8 hours different than my father and mother. But then after next weekend, I am 9 hours different from my father and 8 from my mother. That's because Arizona is maintaining its grass roots effort to do away with this old tradition---they dont ever change their clocks.

Dont even ask me to figure out what time it is between my friends and family around the US...its just different for a week and then the same a week later. Too much for my unemployed brain to worry about!

No comments: