Friday, October 19, 2007

Not So Fast



So, I am just back from the airport dropping off my 29th visitor and am looking forward to an afternoon nap in order to hopefully help get over this cold and creeping crud thing. However, the irony is not lost on me that now since I have some downtime, I have construction going on right outside my windows!


It seems that that huge rain storm I wrote about a few weeks ago did some pretty good damage to the rooftop of our building. I am suddenly no longer jealous of the people who live upstairs with the great terrace and view! Anyway, about 3-4 days ago, I came home to find the courtyard filled with scaffolding materials...uh oh.


Wednesday was the day they started putting the scaffolding up and Thursday was the first work day. I am on the second floor (counting as an American) and my windows look directly down into the courtyard. The floor above me is the same layout as far as windows but there is no one below me--just the courtyard.


I am told they will be there at least a month, which really translates to an indefinite amount of time in Italian. Its not as noisy as it could be since they are working on the roof and I am a bit sheltered from the direct pounding. However, the up and down and up and down of the workers right outside my window is going to wear on me I am sure. But, life goes on and the repair must be done.


The good news is that it is currently siesta time and they aren't working.....I think I need to seize my opportunity for the nap right now!

No comments: