Friday, May 9, 2008

Eat Santa, Eat!

As I continue to try and fit in again in this big ol' country and city, I seem to be relying alot on comfort food to help. And at this point, all food is serving as comfort food! If I dont stop soon, I will have to buy a new wardrobe.

I had a good interview yesterday and 2 more on the horizon next week, so I think someone will hire me eventually. In the meantime, however, I seem to be eating my way through the city. I miss the pizza in Venice and my one restaurant that served up some serious pasta dishes. But here, I can get ANYTHING I want!

Let's see, I went to Chili's and had a blue cheese chipolte hamburger with fries and I stopped at Quizno's for a sub and then I visited my old favorite deli and had the worlds best rueben (been wanting that since Dublin!) and tomorrow some friends of mine are all gathering together for a welcome back dinner at my favorite mexican place where I will eat more calories than humanly possible and drink a very large margarita (or 2!). Monday is a lunch with a former coworker after breakfast with another friend.....

And in between all those outings I have been to the grocery store twice. While I had good intentions of buying only fruits and vegetables, etc., I ended up with Ben and Jerry's ice cream, lots of peanut butter, and a variety of cookies and crackers.

Then there is the water. Its a shame we cant drink the water out of the tap here in Phoenix and I miss that about Venice. But in order to appease us, they have managed to create all sorts of water for sale--flavored, 'smart', vitamin, you name it and they have a gimmick for it. And I am falling for those gimmicks.

I feel full just thinking about all this...the diet starts on Tuesday!

1 comment:

Gil said...

I try to stick with the plain bottled water. In Connecticut we can get bottled Italian water both natural and with gas. Maybe you can find it somewhere.