Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Interviewing

Did I mention that I dont want to work anymore? Thats a dream of mine but in the meantime, I am out there interviewing. Despite the stats in the economy there are all sorts of job openings that I am 'qualified' for. And being on Monster.com and CareerBuilder.com sure takes some of the legwork out the old fashioned way of getting a job.

I had an interview last week with my old boss from three time removed. It went well and surprisingly I was rather excited about working in that environment again despite the fact that it would be a horrendous 25 mile commute each way.

Then on Friday, I got a call from PetSmart. That was fun...great company.....corporate headquarters are here and every Friday is bring your pet to work day. I would never do that to Mr. P...he's been through enough, dont ya' think?!

On Monday, I got a call from last weeks interview. The HR gal called to say they would call me back in the afternoon to make me an offer but she wanted to know my salary range. I told her and never heard back from them! :-)

Then today, I had an interview with an airline. What a horrific nightmare that was. I couldnt speak english or italian, was not impressed with the work conditions and they werent impressed with me. When it was over, we all just sort of got up and left. No one said 'thank you', no one shook hands, no one said 'we'll be in touch'....we just all wanted OUT!

Not a bad start really for the first week back from what I understand. Applied for several more positions this afternoon. Time will tell.

However, to hopefully get a routine (ugh I hate that thought) going, I went to the gym today for the first time in over a year. I loved the exercise I got from walking around Venice and 'hiking' over the bridges and taking bike rides on Lido. But this was way different and I already hurt all over! If I live through the night, I might write another blog entry and let you know if I got hired!

No comments: