Sunday, December 30, 2007

Reminder

Yesterday was a full day of work. The city is filling up with visitors for the New Year. When I left the apartment at 9am, it was a balmy 27 degrees and when I returned in the evening at 730pm, it was an even balmier 32! I had 4 check-ins yesterday and while that doesnt sound like alot, you have to add in the time for meeting, greeting, waiting, explaining, walking, etc. All that to say I slept well last night.

But I had a thought yesterday that has stuck with me and was the first thing I thought of when I awoke this morning. As much as I realize that I am so lucky and blessed to be living in this city, I too sometimes lose sight of it when I am going from A to B. Keeping that childlike wonder isnt always the easiest thing to do.

As I was waiting for my second checkin, I had some time to view the scenery that I often pass by. I saw beauty that I hadnt seen before and I had some great moments spent with the local hospital cat! My clients arrived and we started off toward their apartment. I heard the accent but it wasnt until we were filling out the contract that I realized they were Russian. It dawned on me that these are the first Russians I have ever met in my life. You dont really come across many in the deserts of Arizona!

While it may not seem like such a big deal, I am still awestruck this morning that I was sitting in Venice and talking to a native Russian family (in English of course, not Russian!). Thats something that just doesnt happen to a person everyday. Its events and memories like that I hope I never lose sight of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.