Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Curtain Closes

The show is over. It was a huge success. Last night's finale was a packed house and great audience participation. We had a blast. And in the end, we raised almost 4,000 euro for the charity....we were hoping for 2,000!

The party was great...I made it up the 82 steps again, with only a brief rest half way. Lots of great munchie snack foods, prosecco and wine. It was a veritable gathering of famous people...opera star, international singer, famous painters, well published authors....I was rubbing elbows with all of them! And I love the question, "What do you do?". Its always good for a raised eyebrow and discussion when I tell them 'nothing' or 'I am having a mid-life crisis'!

And to celebrate today, I went shopping! As you remember, the big sales started on the 6th and because I have been so wrapped up in the pantomime and injuring myself, I havent been able to take a peek. Well, I hobbled along in my favorite store and made those girls work for their money by sending them back to check sizes, etc. It was a good shopping trip for me and the store!

And now, I am going to rest for a few days and give my knee and my ankle a break....a much needed break.

No comments: