Monday, April 30, 2007

Twas the night before......

Well, here we are...just scant hours before I leave...the packing is still not done but the new (2nd new) laptop is all set up! I wouldn't recommend staying up for 42 hours in a row...what a science experiment that was! Other than packing, there really isn't anything left that I can do...it is what it is at this point.

However, I do have some advance warning in the fraud department....I am being told that by using my ATM card in Italy more than once will trigger a fraud block...nice feature but one would think that if I called in advance (like I did) and tell them I am gone for a year and will be using it, they could put some silly notes down and all is well. Not so, says the fraud department--they don't have the same software as the bank and so don't have access to my account until it hits the fraud trigger...then they are going to call me (at which point I won't be here to answer) to confirm that it is me and....well, you get the picture...

My last meal in Phoenix...I thought about it for a while (not long because I was hungry)...perhaps Arriba's Mexican and a big margarita to go out in style but not enough time, etc for that luxury. So, the next best thing (and this is not for the weak stomached people out there..) is peanut butter cookie dough! Since I am going to be deprived for a bit from the ol' PB experience, I thought this was a good choice...I can't believe I just confessed on the internet that I eat cookie dough for a meal! That's almost as bad as having a My Space page! :-)

Well, off to finish the packing....I am so tired of saying that...I have been packing for like a month now...soon, I get to unpack!

Talk to you from Italy!

2 comments:

Dave said...

I guess all we have to say besides...oh please take us with you...is Buona fortuna! In bocca al lupo! (I hope that means good luck!!!)

Anonymous said...

Susan...what a fabulous site you h ave here! We all know you'll have a great experience in Italy. I'll have to go over your blog in detail now that I've found it! Love, Hugs, and Kisses from Tammy and all the ladies in Women of Purpose in Scottsdale, Arizona USA Don't forget the National Day of Prayer Thursday, May 3rd. We'll be praying in the Sanctuary.